Visiting Sbeitla

Sana

Sbeitla is The most southerly of Tunisia's major Roman sites, Sbeitla is noted for its massive triumphal arch just before the entrance and for its Forum built in 139 BC. A more modern structure on the site is the sixth-century Basilica of St Vitalis with its attractive baptismal font decorated with mosaics.
i think a visit to this wonderful site will be great especially when u discover new things in Tunisia. :)

FoxyRoxie89

I am going to stay in Sbeitla on fri, what is the area like there?

Dolly

Hi FR - Sbeitla is lovely! We have our land near there in Sabala. The Roman ruins are absolutely fantastic - don't miss them. I hope you will have a wonderful time.

FoxyRoxie89

Sbeitla... Oh I dont know whether I will get to see the roman ruins as I am going alone.. xx

FoxyRoxie89

Lucky, have you not seent he roman ruins yourself BM??X

Black Mamba

Not those yet :(

FoxyRoxie89

I want to see them if I am going to be there anyway but would seem a little rude to leave tthe family for the day to do so x

N

nela

Sbeitla is The most southerly of Tunisia's major Roman sites, Sbeitla is noted for its massive triumphal arch just before the entrance and for its Forum built in 139 BC. A more modern structure on the site is the sixth-century Basilica of St Vitalis with its attractive baptismal font decorated with mosaics.
i think a visit to this wonderful site will be great especially when u discover new things in Tunisia. :)
is it older than Carhage Roman ruins?

Mezoo

VIP Member
is it older than Carthage Roman ruins?
i'm going there. there's lots of olive oil in the area also.
my guess is these 2 places were part of and created the same era. :cool:

Essem

Staff member
Have been to Sbeitla and visited the small museum there. They have old black and white pictures of the time that snow fell there!!

Soltef

I want to see them if I am going to be there anyway but would seem a little rude to leave tthe family for the day to do so x
I agree with Nela!Go explore-have fun!