Visitor's Visa

Jane BM

Whos betting that 2500 will not be there if the visa application is not a success?
Think it's a dead cert!!! Lol

Mouse94

I started filling in the online application for our Visitors visa yesterday, its going to take a while to get all the information from D but im excited now i have made a start! just hope all goes well and we get it! we are both so excited for him to come visit my family and spend time together in England :)
How did you go on with your application??

missmetal

Well, in my opinion it depends on how long the person is staying for.

They will look at how much money you have to support your trip, outside of the hotel and flights. in pounds I would say its about GBP80 a day is a good start. If you're planning a trip for 2 weeks and only have GBP500, I doubt that will help, unless you have a visa card. Which is unlikely from Tunisia.

I have applied for many visas and having sufficient funds in your account to prove you have money for your trip, is essential, BUT its as essential to prove that you have a reason to leave the country after your trip, such as employment or school.

I dont know enough about your friends visit, but GBH2500 seems to be way to much for just a visit. This much money would cover flights and hotel in my opinion. If anything, GBP1000 for two week trip is good enough. But I would still not just part with that much money easily.

bubbles

Hi all been a while hope your all good :)
We recently had brother in law here didn't have 2500 & was here 3 weeks, we explained would stay with us accommodation free no food expenses just any souvenirs he wanted to buy i was suprised was pretty easy actually hope that helps x

Jane BM

Hi all been a while hope your all good :)
We recently had brother in law here didn't have 2500 & was here 3 weeks, we explained would stay with us accommodation free no food expenses just any souvenirs he wanted to buy i was suprised was pretty easy actually hope that helps x
Does your brother in law have a job to return to in Tunisia? So did you pretty much prove his intent to return?

olliebaby

Bubbles?? Is that who I think it is ????? J from B???? x

bubbles

Does your brother in law have a job to return to in Tunisia? So did you pretty much prove his intent to return?
Yes he did he had work contact & that's it no property or anything else of course he had return ticket he got decision within about 4 weeks x

olliebaby

Ahh it IS you!! Stay away you are a bad influence!!! hahahaha!!!! x x x

bubbles

Ahh it IS you!! Stay away you are a bad influence!!! hahahaha!!!! x x x
No! Me never! I'm surprised you remembered hehe great night though xx

bubbles

Jane more than happy to help if you need it x

Jane BM

Yes he did he had work contact & that's it no property or anything else of course he had return ticket he got decision within about 4 weeks x
That's great news...I guess it helped that he had a work contract and perhaps they applied common sense....lol

bubbles

That's great news...I guess it helped that he had a work contract and perhaps they applied common sense....lol
Yes they did thank god even though it was simple still was bit daunting, was lovely having him here, is funny now but they emailed 1 week before to collect passport before he actually checked his emails silly sausage :) xx

Thanks everyone, what you are all saying is as we thought and just to clarify i have not been asked for the money. How did people get around the dates of the visit as it seems crazy to book an actual flight when you have no guarantee you will be able to use it?

Just looking for some advice on the dates of visit because it seems silly to book a ticket before u have the visa approved, but obviously they want dates in the application. All advice welcome,

Well, in my opinion it depends on how long the person is staying for.

They will look at how much money you have to support your trip, outside of the hotel and flights. in pounds I would say its about GBP80 a day is a good start. If you're planning a trip for 2 weeks and only have GBP500, I doubt that will help, unless you have a visa card. Which is unlikely from Tunisia.

I have applied for many visas and having sufficient funds in your account to prove you have money for your trip, is essential, BUT its as essential to prove that you have a reason to leave the country after your trip, such as employment or school.

I dont know enough about your friends visit, but GBH2500 seems to be way to much for just a visit. This much money would cover flights and hotel in my opinion. If anything, GBP1000 for two week trip is good enough. But I would still not just part with that much money easily.
Thanks, I thought so. I have not been asked to give money, he was obviously told incorrect information. What you are saying is what I thought all along. Thanks for your help, it is useful speaking to everyone!

missmetal

Thanks, I thought so. I have not been asked to give money, he was obviously told incorrect information. What you are saying is what I thought all along. Thanks for your help, it is useful speaking to everyone!
I did actually book flights,but I took out insurance incase I had to cancel it or change the date. However I booked 6+ month in advance of applying for the visa. On expedia, you can plan your itinerary and select flights without paying, and you can send that as the intended itinerary. That was acceptable for a South African visa, but I dont know about the British one because we actually booked the flights.

gem15

We never booked our flight when we applied, just gave a date on the application form. We ended up travelling later than the date we stated but it didnt matter.

I did actually book flights,but I took out insurance incase I had to cancel it or change the date. However I booked 6+ month in advance of applying for the visa. On expedia, you can plan your itinerary and select flights without paying, and you can send that as the intended itinerary. That was acceptable for a South African visa, but I dont know about the British one because we actually booked the flights.
Thank you for your help, I will have a look at that for the itinerary.