Visitor's Visa

jo2912

Hi Jo hope that you are in good health! Why has the police got your partners passport ? My husband has all his old passports..Unless if this is only when you live in Tunisia, i am not sure too be honest..
I explained to him that i have my old one as they send them back to you in england, he said it is different in Tunisia and you have to give it back. so he did. im so confused with this visa, :'( i just dont want them to have any excuse to refuse it xx

MellieC

Thanks MellieC,

I have spoken to him again and he said he has given his first passport to the police as they are not allowed to keep them, i was unsure as i got sent my first passport back when i applied for my second one. I have put on the application that he has returned it to the police.
Ah Bloxwich :) not far from me at all, and the Turf, best Carvery pub around here in my mind! Yorkshire puddings the size of your head lol!! I visit D in Yasmine Hamammet when i come to Tunisia so your not far from there either :) how long have you been in Tunisia?

Jo
xx
I am going to "assume" that by police, he means that when he went to get a new passport, the old one was kept by the bureau where they issue the passport to the person? and not that the police took his passport LOL

if he doesn't have any photocopy of any previous passport then there isn't much you can do other than state it was returned when the new one was issued.

as you come from lime lane straight over with the turf on your left ~ the family owned the land from the turf on the left hand side heading towards HH.

the rest of them were in pelsall ~ Ryders hayes Farm, only the old barn still standing!! and swingbridge farm, on the road to brownhills and home farm where the fleur de leys is now!

been here on and off 5 years, but first came here in 96.

fred thinks im nuts with Yorkie puds lol

yeah YH ~ you will still be my neighbour LOL

MellieC

Hi Jo hope that you are in good health! Why has the police got your partners passport ? My husband has all his old passports..Unless if this is only when you live in Tunisia, i am not sure too be honest..

thats helpful NOT lol are the numbers the same in them Rou? did your hubby replace his outside of tunisia?

MellieC

Sorry everyone, Im getting on my own nerves with all these questions now!

If anyone can help me AGAIN i would be very greatful.

I have come to the part in the visa application where it is asking for his current address, D lives and works in a hotel, but he wont be there over the winter. is it best for me to put his home address? im so paranoid that i fill it in wrong! i want to be sure i get things right. If i do put his home address, what part of it do i put in the postal code section?

Jo
xx
does it ask for, or is there a part that says what is your correspondence address if different?

the post code is the 4 digits that identifiy the area ~ hammamet is 8050 i think thats the same as nabeul?

do you write to him ~ (here we go) what address do you send letters to?

SEANITA

We didn't have Mos first passport when we applied for our visas becasue as you say it was kept when he got his new one. We explained in the application why the details could not be provided of the first passport. Surely the Embassy should realise that their old passports are kept and if they were given back sometime ago he would not have recorded the details. Perhaps that is something people whos partners are appying for new passports should be made aware of if they are going to be applying for a visa to take a photcopy of the old passport before they losa it forever.

ROULLA

thats helpful NOT lol are the numbers the same in them Rou? did your hubby replace his outside of tunisia?
Hi MellieC hope that you are in good health! No all the passport numbers are different, they start with an alphabetic letter then it continues with 6 numbers...:)

jo2912

I have sent him photos and i have his address and there is a 4 digit number, so i shall put that in! i was just unsure what it was because when i asked him for just the postal code he sent me the whole address again LOL!!! bless him.

It says on the form, address he is currently living at not your family home, but as its a hotel and he wont be there for the winter i think that putting his family address is best? it also asks for phone numbers and says this is the corresponance information they will use to contact him about the application. He does not have any post sent to the hotel he just has a room with his job. i can put into the notes further on that he is staying at the hotel until winter i think.
He said the police have his old passport to me on the phone but i think he meant when he got the new one his old one was kept, the police dont have it for a reason, lol! i think he got as confused as i have been :-S

Thank you all for your help, i am finally getting somewhere with it now :D u have all been great and im sure i shall call upon you again in the near future ;) ;) ;)

xxxxxxxx

jo2912

I am going to "assume" that by police, he means that when he went to get a new passport, the old one was kept by the bureau where they issue the passport to the person? and not that the police took his passport LOL

if he doesn't have any photocopy of any previous passport then there isn't much you can do other than state it was returned when the new one was issued.

as you come from lime lane straight over with the turf on your left ~ the family owned the land from the turf on the left hand side heading towards HH.

the rest of them were in pelsall ~ Ryders hayes Farm, only the old barn still standing!! and swingbridge farm, on the road to brownhills and home farm where the fleur de leys is now!

been here on and off 5 years, but first came here in 96.

fred thinks im nuts with Yorkie puds lol

yeah YH ~ you will still be my neighbour LOL
Oh wow so your all local to me then really.

My family have mostly been Burntwood, Chase Terrace and Chasetown, my sis still lives in Chasetown with her husband, i grew up in chase terrace and went to Chase terrace High school. my brother and dad have moved to Hull as my dads originally from there and my grandparents are still up there.
Yes we shall be neighbours in Tunisia too lol! how cool, we shall have to meet up when im there after Oct, too much to sort out in oct as im only there for a week! :-/ im panicing we wont have enough time to sort everything out. i hope we do!!

Jo
xxx

MellieC

Hi MellieC hope that you are in good health! No all the passport numbers are different, they start with an alphabetic letter then it continues with 6 numbers...:)
thanks hun, I didn't know if they issued on the same or differnent numbers.

and Seanitas comments are certainly worth people knowing!!!!

so Jo, just state that he did'nt keep a copy and does not have the old one, theya re kept by the tunisian authorites when a new one is issued.

but DO state that, don't expect the ECO to assume anything unless its bad!!

MellieC

Oh wow so your all local to me then really.

My family have mostly been Burntwood, Chase Terrace and Chasetown, my sis still lives in Chasetown with her husband, i grew up in chase terrace and went to Chase terrace High school. my brother and dad have moved to Hull as my dads originally from there and my grandparents are still up there.
Yes we shall be neighbours in Tunisia too lol! how cool, we shall have to meet up when im there after Oct, too much to sort out in oct as im only there for a week! :-/ im panicing we wont have enough time to sort everything out. i hope we do!!

Jo
xxx
streets, and buildings are named after my family in and around Browhills/pelsall/essington! some of the buildings they built and owned.
and strangely enough, my gr gr gr grandparents came from Yorkshire!!!

i should be leaving here in Nov, so we may end up catching up in sunny walsall area LOL
glad you have it sorted! and YES state that whilst working at the hotel that accommodation (and meals?) are provided, as this also goes towards salary?

jo2912

streets, and buildings are named after my family in and around Browhills/pelsall/essington! some of the buildings they built and owned.
and strangely enough, my gr gr gr grandparents came from Yorkshire!!!

i should be leaving here in Nov, so we may end up catching up in sunny walsall area LOL
glad you have it sorted! and YES state that whilst working at the hotel that accommodation (and meals?) are provided, as this also goes towards salary?
Oh what a small world it is! yorkshire blood in the family too hahaha!! :)

Well where ever the catch up will be i look forward to it ;)
I will definately state that his accomodation and meals are included, i havent got to this part yet but its in my mind to add it in! im still waiting for his parent dates of birth! should get them tomorrow. the online form seems to be laid out a little differently to the actual form you can view and print off as there is a section for adding further info i think but not on the online form, i will find somewhere to put it though

Thanks again for your help

xx

MellieC

no prob, you don't have to do the form online, it can still be done by paper and handed in and an appointment booked, or it was, the online facility was supposed ot be extra not exclusive!

heres a couple of names for you ~ around brownhills/pelsall ~ Howdle (originally from Drax, yorkshire) Arblaster, Poxon (the butchers)! ALL howdles in and around, originate from the ONE couple who came down from yorkshire!

look forward to catching up!

jo2912

no prob, you don't have to do the form online, it can still be done by paper and handed in and an appointment booked, or it was, the online facility was supposed ot be extra not exclusive!

heres a couple of names for you ~ around brownhills/pelsall ~ Howdle (originally from Drax, yorkshire) Arblaster, Poxon (the butchers)! ALL howdles in and around, originate from the ONE couple who came down from yorkshire!

look forward to catching up!
Ah ok, i thought they only accepted online applications! might be easier for me to do it by the good old fashioned way of pen and paper!! :D I will try to look into it. Do you know if you can get any joy from calling the embassy in Tunis? My aunty has said she will help if she can (she is arabic) by calling the embassy or anyone i need her to.

I cant believe it, i know people of both Howdle and Arblaster surnames!! hahaha! crikey, this world is just getting smaller by the minute lol!! :D :D

xxxx

aljaye

It says on the form, address he is currently living at not your family home, but as its a hotel and he wont be there for the winter i think that putting his family address is best? it also asks for phone numbers and says this is the corresponance information they will use to contact him about the application. He does not have any post sent to the hotel he just has a room with his job. i can put into the notes further on that he is staying at the hotel until winter i think.

They need the address he will be at when they look at the application so if hes still in the hotel for a month or so after the appintment thats the address they need, if he knows the date he will be finishing he can put in a covering letter asking them to contact him at his home address after a certain date as his contract will have finished.

MellieC

Ah ok, i thought they only accepted online applications! might be easier for me to do it by the good old fashioned way of pen and paper!! :D I will try to look into it. Do you know if you can get any joy from calling the embassy in Tunis? My aunty has said she will help if she can (she is arabic) by calling the embassy or anyone i need her to.

I cant believe it, i know people of both Howdle and Arblaster surnames!! hahaha! crikey, this world is just getting smaller by the minute lol!! :D :D

xxxx
They (howdles) populated the entire area, lol the arblasters married them!
so they are all one and the same lol but the Arbs were there first lol

HE SHOULD DO IT THE OLD FASHIONED WAY its HIS app NOT YOURS!!!!

if you write it state that you have done so!!!! better if you fill in your details and he does his!

joy from calling the embassy, geez you are funny ;)

MellieC

They need the address he will be at when they look at the application so if hes still in the hotel for a month or so after the appintment thats the address they need, if he knows the date he will be finishing he can put in a covering letter asking them to contact him at his home address after a certain date as his contract will have finished.
Al, im thinking ( how dangerous is that huh?) the hotel is in effect a "temporary" address, he may or may not be there at the time the app gets processed ~ it can take 3 months as you know ~ so maybe his home addie should be stated, and in the info part that this is where correspeondence SHOULD be addressed, and is his "main residence" as his other addy is only temporary?

aljaye

Al, im thinking ( how dangerous is that huh?) the hotel is in effect a "temporary" address, he may or may not be there at the time the app gets processed ~ it can take 3 months as you know ~ so maybe his home addie should be stated, and in the info part that this is where correspeondence SHOULD be addressed, and is his "main residence" as his other addy is only temporary?
Thats kind of what i was getting at i think, he needs to say where he is at the time of the application especially if he says hes working somehere, so can be contacted there at that moment in time but to give his home address as well. I dont know why they ask for addresses because they normally phone dont they? Unless they do a check to see if someone is actually where they say they are. Ive given the address of our apartment as it says something about it being where you live at the time, cant remember now!

jo2912

Hahahaha take it that its like talking to a brick wall then with the embassy..... lol! might be a career change there to comedian for me :D :D

I am going to put the home address in and then state anything else in the notes.

i am going to stop stressing myself out about it now because im getting worked up lol! deep breaths and relaxation! thanks again everyone ;)

xx

MellieC

its always stressful, and to be honest, thats how people have made errors, so stressed, did i put this, is that right ~ do a section each day ~ if it gets stressful, leave it til tomorrow, better to get it right lol

or think about other weird and wonderful things in the world, go read the odly enough news on yahoo or summat LOL

or get your head around this one ~ george howdle married charlotte arblaster, their eldest son george married a charlotte arblaster, the two charlottes are not blood related, both sets of george and charlottes had around 12-14 children, some married other howdles, 2nd and 3rd removed!

then try sorting out who is who and who belongs to who LOL

and tell me a visa app is hard work LOL

MellieC

Thats kind of what i was getting at i think, he needs to say where he is at the time of the application especially if he says hes working somehere, so can be contacted there at that moment in time but to give his home address as well. I dont know why they ask for addresses because they normally phone dont they? Unless they do a check to see if someone is actually where they say they are. Ive given the address of our apartment as it says something about it being where you live at the time, cant remember now!
yeah, the app has to explain it ~ or the ECO will look at it and think "whats going on here, it says he lives here, and he lives here" ~ well he can't live in both, so one is wrong, so thats it out goes the app!

AND THAT IS HOW IT WORKS!!!

so put both addies, but explain it CLEARLY what they are, and if poss, show a document that proves BOTH!