Weather in Tunisia

Scottochott

You wait until you get back to Bonnie Scotland Essem. I've just spoken to a Scottish friend, recently back from YH, and all I will say is make sure to wear your thermal vest and long johns. :)
I think she's back and no doubt suffering! I'm recently back from Mexico and trust me the difference was a real shock to the system. But no doubt the Tunisians are suffering too, it's way below the norm for them, I've never experienced temps like that when I've been there in winter

Trulymadlydeeply

At least we have our fires and/or central heating. I imagine there are lots of families freezing in Tunisia without heating of any kind...

shona

At least we have our fires and/or central heating. I imagine there are lots of families freezing in Tunisia without heating of any kind...
I talked to my friend this morning, apparently it's very cold, although he also thought it was very cold a couple of weeks ago whilst we were there on holiday, and it was 18/20 at that point, my partner and I were out in shorts and tee shirts whilst he had about 5 layers on, lol

Trulymadlydeeply

It's the same in the summer we have strappy vests and shorts on they have jeans and long sleeves :eek:

shona

It's the same in the summer we have strappy vests and shorts on they have jeans and long sleeves :eek:
I do wonder if the sun becomes more if a burden to them, I guess in the height of summer it's ok for us tourists, sitting by the pool with a refreshing drink in hand, but for those having to go out and work/ drive or deal with babies that are unhappy with the heat it may be a very different story.

gem15

I've been out and about this morning and it's really not that cold here in sousse. I've even turned my heating off.

Trulymadlydeeply

It's currently 7 degrees here, lovely sunshine but cold...

Youssef11

Sousse, was cold this morning but been nice since the noon, now warm and sunny, plan for Saint_Augustain white wine and Dorade Grillé ;) :p

Aslemma

Some years ago I was in Queensland, Australia, staying with my cousin. It was May and I was in her pool, whilst she was walking around in a roll-neck sweater and boots. :)

shona

I'm in Scotland and it's, grey, cold and wet, I often freezin here can be like living in a black and white film, everything is always grey........yuk,
Or you could say Scotland's winter is 50 shades of grey lol, but not in the fun way

Essem

Staff member
Weather: A new cold wave to hit the country on Thursday and Friday

During Thursday 5 and Friday, February 6, 2015, a significant drop in temperatures will be noted in most regions.

Temperatures will range from between -2 and 3 ° C to between 8 and 12 ° C.

Rainfall low to moderate in the north and central regions, temporarily stormy with the possibility of hail and a few flakes of snow on the hills and strong winds temporarily exceeding 80 km / h, thus generating sand storms in the south causing reduced visibility to less than 500 meters.

www.tunisienumerique.com

Youssef11

Was absolutely lovely today Down Sousse !!! sunny and the water on the beach was totally blue and turquoise :)

Essem

Staff member
Beginning of the week more rain

According to the National Institute of Meteorology, it will be cloudy with isolated rain in the north and the coastal regions.

The clouds will reach central and southern regions in the afternoon.

There will be a strong Northwest wind gusting at 50 to 70 km / h near the coast and moderate to strong 30 to 50 km / h in the interior of the country.

The sea will remain rough.

As for temperatures, they are still slightly down.

The highest temperatures will be around 12 to 17 ° C and not exceeding 10 ° C in the higher regions.

http://www.jawharafm.net/fr/article/meteo-debut-de-semaine-encore-pluvieux/90/21240

Essem

Staff member
Weather: Cold weather and rain in most areas

This Saturday, February 28, 2015, the weather will be cold and cloudy with rain in most areas. It will be be stormy at times with a lot of rainfall and hail in central regions.

There will also be light snow on the western mountainous areas.

Strong winds reaching 60 km / h near the northern coast, moderate 20 to 35 km / h elsewhere.

The sea will be moderate to rough on the north, and slight or moderate on other areas and temperatures will fall slightly. The highest will be between 11 and 16 ° C and not more than 9 ° C on the western heights.

http://www.jawharafm.net/fr/article/meteo-temps-froid-et-pluies-sur-la-plupart-des-regions/90/21466

annibee

Weather: Cold weather and rain in most areas

This Saturday, February 28, 2015, the weather will be cold and cloudy with rain in most areas. It will be be stormy at times with a lot of rainfall and hail in central regions.

There will also be light snow on the western mountainous areas.

Strong winds reaching 60 km / h near the northern coast, moderate 20 to 35 km / h elsewhere.

The sea will be moderate to rough on the north, and slight or moderate on other areas and temperatures will fall slightly. The highest will be between 11 and 16 ° C and not more than 9 ° C on the western heights.

http://www.jawharafm.net/fr/article/meteo-temps-froid-et-pluies-sur-la-plupart-des-regions/90/21466
hope it improves in 3 weeks time :(

Essem

Staff member
Hope it improves for you Annibee - last fortnight has been a complete washout. Chucking it down as I type. :(

annibee

Hope it improves for you Annibee - last fortnight has been a complete washout. Chucking it down as I type. :(
same here :( i live in hope xx

Essem

Staff member
Beautiful, sunny day today and forecast same for tomorrow

annibee

Beautiful, sunny day today and forecast same for tomorrow
just looked on 14 day forecast quite hot for a few days then looks to be going back to 16C again friday if its accurate