what do Tunisians eat for breakfast?

C

Cas

Dance tomorrow lol for me....

Jane BM

I have tried the hippo version and not going back:eek:...dont fit me to be fat, Im clumpsy enough as it is.:p:oops::rolleyes:

As long as you USE the calories it cant harm you...:D:D
Ditto.. been the hippo, never going back there. However, as they say, a little of what you fancy does you good...anyway didnt they tell us chocolate is GOOD for us............

C

Cas

Yep the Aussies have said it actually helps with dental health and now you know dark choccie is good for the heart lol. Just got to separate the fat grams and sugar....

Jane BM

and wash it down with that glass of red wine thats good for your heart!!!!

C

Cas

Well once a week at least !!!

huttan

Dance tomorrow lol for me....
Never danced on a breakfast table but theres always a first time for all...;):p:D

C

Cas

Like my friend did at a party night before she did, got under the table first and checked the brackets and legs lol

huttan

Like my friend did at a party night before she did, got under the table first and checked the brackets and legs lol
Can be a good idea...but it sounds more like a guy thing to get under the table to check some nice legs:p:p:D

ROULLA

Roulla, Hope you are in good health, are you serious about placing gloves in your tea??????:eek: Hi Newtosousse hope that you are well! I laughed when I read what I wrote but you know what I meant:)

I also have a Turkish friend , who does the same as you and adds cloves to her tea. ;) I don't particularly dislike it... but feel that it's a bit of an acquired taste.
:D
Hi Soleil hope that you are well! I think that most mediterranean people use CLOVES in their tea.:)
Must be the wrong word or I really really want to se how Roulla drinks her tea one day hahaha;)

Hope you are in good health, are you serious about placing gloves in your tea??????:eek:
Hi Huttan hope that you are in good health! I am trying to imagine it myself...Sorry I was so tired and just realised that I put gloves instead of CLOVES:D

ROULLA

Never danced on a breakfast table but theres always a first time for all...;):p:D
Hi Huttan hope that you are well! Well you need to go to Cyprus where you will see many people dancing on the table;)not to mention breaking the plates:D

huttan

Hi Huttan hope that you are well! Well you need to go to Cyprus where you will see many people dancing on the table;)not to mention breaking the plates:D
Hi Roulla Im fine thanks hope you are doing fine too.

Oh one place to visit without shaming for breaking things! Sounds excellent!:D (Im so clumpsy-just a few days ago I had to get the only apple that looked good...and yes, rest of the mountin of apples did fall down to the floor...and the manager said "YOU AGAIN!?!":D:oops::rolleyes:

ROULLA

Hi Roulla Im fine thanks hope you are doing fine too.

Oh one place to visit without shaming for breaking things! Sounds excellent!:D (Im so clumpsy-just a few days ago I had to get the only apple that looked good...and yes, rest of the mountin of apples did fall down to the floor...and the manager said "YOU AGAIN!?!":D:oops::rolleyes:
I am fine thank you. This is not you by any chance is it ?
Maybe you should get this guy to shop for you:)

Jane BM

Youre joking, look at how long it took him to get down one aisle!!!! lol
Too much faffing about and not enough shopping for me:)

huttan

Hahaha I would never been that lucky Roulla...if one goes down-the rest will follow...not just 5-6 cans. I have trashed a hole pyramid with cans ones.;)

Nice guy to watch:)...nice music, would fit well together with my driving....:p

Kowa

Hehe :) The first times i was in tunisia, i missed the corn bread so much in the morning!
Cuz it was always the light bread, (khobz) dipped in olive oil, and a little cheese, and youghert... And at lunch, it was food i call dinner at home :) Yummy! :)

Essem

Staff member
TUNISIAN BREAKFAST SOUP WITH GREENS
Serves 4
A hearty, head-spinning, soupy stew based on Tunisian leblebi. I make it with silverbeet because I love this green, but you can use kale, cavolo nero, English spinach or a mixture. Serve on toast, topped with hard-boiled egg wedges, or a fried or poached egg.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 red capsicum, finely diced
800g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
400g canned tomatoes, chopped
750ml chicken or vegetable stock
Sea salt and pepper
500g silverbeet leaves, washed
2 tbsp harissa paste
4 thick slices sourdough bread
2 hard-boiled eggs, each cut into 6 wedges
1 tbsp salted capers, rinsed
Extra virgin olive oil for serving
2 tbsp coriander leaves
http://www.stuff.co.nz/about-stuff/advertising-feedback/?pos=STORYBODY&adsize=300x250&area=s.stuff
Heat oil in a large pan and cook onion for five minutes until softened. Add garlic, cumin and most of the diced red capsicum and cook for three minutes. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, stock, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.

Roughly chop silverbeet leaves and simmer for five minutes until wilted. Add one tablespoon harissa, stirring.

Toast or grill the bread and place in the base of each bowl. Add a ladleful of chickpeas, silverbeet and enough broth to thoroughly soak the toast.

tunisian breakfast.jpg Top with egg wedges, capers, remaining harissa and red capsicum. Finish with extra pepper, olive oil and coriander leaves and serve.

Jane BM

Serves 4
A hearty, head-spinning, soupy stew based on Tunisian leblebi. I make it with silverbeet because I love this green, but you can use kale, cavolo nero, English spinach or a mixture. Serve on toast, topped with hard-boiled egg wedges, or a fried or poached egg.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 tbsp ground cumin
Sea salt and pepper
2 tbsp harissa paste
2 tbsp coriander leaves

Heat oil in a large pan and cook onion for five minutes until softened. Add garlic, cumin and most of the diced red capsicum and cook for three minutes. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, stock, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.

Roughly chop silverbeet leaves and simmer for five minutes until wilted. Add one tablespoon harissa, stirring.

Toast or grill the bread and place in the base of each bowl. Add a ladleful of chickpeas, silverbeet and enough broth to thoroughly soak the toast.

View attachment 4005 Top with egg wedges, capers, remaining harissa and red capsicum. Finish with extra pepper, olive oil and coriander leaves and serve.
Wow, that is some hearty breakfast!! have checked and have most of the ingredients...think could be trying this over the bank hols weekend...:D

Essem

Staff member
Let us know how it goes Jane - looks delicious asnd would really set you up for the day!

KheeKhee

Serves 4
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 tbsp ground cumin
Sea salt and pepper
2 tbsp harissa paste
2 tbsp coriander leaves

View attachment 4005 Top with egg wedges, capers, remaining harissa and red capsicum. Finish with extra pepper, olive oil and coriander leaves and serve.
yum yum!

cinders

Serves 4
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 tbsp ground cumin
Sea salt and pepper
2 tbsp harissa paste
2 tbsp coriander leaves

yep that will do for me ...see you soon ha ha