What do we do at the end of the 33 months

bascar

This might sound like a silly question and a little premature... but I cant find the information anywhere. My husband has only been here since May and his visa is valid until jan 2017.... what happens then ? do we need to apply for a further 33 months? if so how and if not do we just apply for ILR . Like i said very premature but i like to be informed ...why dont they tell you this when the inital visa is issued ?

Jane BM

This might sound like a silly question and a little premature... but I cant find the information anywhere. My husband has only been here since May and his visa is valid until jan 2017.... what happens then ? do we need to apply for a further 33 months? if so how and if not do we just apply for ILR . Like i said very premature but i like to be informed ...why dont they tell you this when the inital visa is issued ?
It's FLR you'll be applying for, which is an extension of his settlement visa until he's eligible to apply for ILR which will be 5 years from when he was initially granted his visa. The info is on the UKVI site.