What is "normal" for a relationship with a Tunisian man?

Spook023

There are a few genuine guys but the odds are stacked against it. Staying out here and knowing a lot who work in tourism I can assure you these guys are players, and in their position most young guys would be! Bear in mind they get a fresh crop in every week or two and they have honed their skills! Look on it as a bit of holiday fun, but anything more will almost invariably lead to problems. They play the long game and have multiple prospects on the go, why would you even consider it? Google "bezness"
Thank you! To be honest, I was warned before going to Tunisia that the men are not to be trusted and I totally get that they have fresh batches through the door each week - just wanted it confirmed to be honest.
So basically, I should run for the hills right!?

Scottochott

Thank you! To be honest, I was warned before going to Tunisia that the men are not to be trusted and I totally get that they have fresh batches through the door each week - just wanted it confirmed to be honest.
So basically, I should run for the hills right!?
Follow your gut feeling, but the mere fact you were asking the questions suggests you weren't totally convinced maybe? Others will disagree and point to a successful relationship. However the tales of woe far outweigh them so the hills seems right to me!

Spook023

Follow your gut feeling, but the mere fact you were asking the questions suggests you weren't totally convinced maybe? Others will disagree and point to a successful relationship. However the tales of woe far outweigh them so the hills seems right to me!
Thank you! Really appreciate the guidance...and yes, I will follow my gut feeling. I think it didn't help that I read all of the comments on this thread, most of which, to be honest, are not great!
Thanks again :)

kassie

I just dont want to let this go wthout evryone knowing what he was really like..its frustrating having papers i cant read .he takes it for granted by leaving them around cos he nos i cant understand them
Well....in my opion....from experience....I think you should let it go...no matter how you feel....even though you know you are right! Best to leave it! ;-) xxxx I have been there and thought the same! Not worth your energy! :) xx

Last edited:

marhaba

Hi All,
So I got back from Tunisia at the weekend and it was my first visit.
For some unknown reason, I proved quite popular with a lot of the men in the hotel, waiters mainly. There was a lifeguard that I got on really well with and we have been messaging since then.
It's all been very friendly, nothing too full on and no requests for money or marriage etc.
Does anyone have any advice? Are they all the same and after just one thing? Are there any genuine Tunisian guys?
I'm not the sort of person to fall easily for someone, but I just don't want to think that this guy saw me coming so to speak.
Thanks in advance.
Which hotel did you stay at may i ask.?

I will point out that not all men/women in tourist industry are players or are after money, visas ETC.

lovesarrow

Spook023 - go with your gut. Most women who have travelled a bit will be able to spot the players for what they are. They're the ones who smile at you and chat up all the women. You'll get an icky feeling that they're playing you just as you would at home. The harder ones to spot are the shy guys - the ones who only ask for your number on the last day. That's what my OH was, and he talked me into going out there again just to see him. I haven't decided yet what our future will be, and it is not an easy road at all. Even the successful relationships on here have taken a lot of hard work and more understanding and accommodation from women than any men really deserve.

lovesarrow

Has anyone heard from Ali8 recently?

How is she getting on?

SSSFFF - thank you for posting. It's good to hear a positive story. It's also good to hear that there are Tunisian men on this forum too who are willing to stick their head above the parapet and talk about their experiences. You're very brave to wade into a discussion like this one :D

Spook023

Which hotel did you stay at may i ask.?

I will point out that not all men/women in tourist industry are players or are after money, visas ETC.
I stayed at the El Mouradi Palm Marina hotel is Sousse

Trulymadlydeeply

Haven't seen Ali8 around here for a while.. How are you LA?

kassie

Totally agree! ;) x

TunisianYankee

Any reason for the negative rating K81?!??
I gave you a positive rating just to balance it out. I think sometimes people just randomly rate stuff... I got a rating of "old" once when I answered on something less than a day old? Meh whatever... I'm pretty sure there are no cash prizes for the ratings here anyway. :D

Spook023

Thank you TunisianYankee - I was just curious as to why I received a negative status notification...but thank you x

L

LoveLaughLive

I think if he's really worth it he'd make sure he didn't have to constantly ask you. I've been with my husband for 6 and a half years and he's never asked me for money, he would be ashamed to. I have however seen a lot of relationships where the woman gives all the money and the man never had any, it's those relationships that worry me because they don't ever seem to change and the man ask for more and more.

I think you should think hard about what you want for your future before you marry this man as I'd be worried he wasn't able or even trying to provide. Think about when you have children.. What's gonna happen then?

kassie

Even after marriage....you think ...okay....support him when he comes to the Uk ...not a problem! However, time goes on and the more one pays out, the more may be expected as in my case! Unfortunately for me, I was to willing to give the benefit of doubt and it took me a long time to realise.....he wanted "all for nothing!" I believed and trusted in him...only to find out later, to my cost, it was all for him! Now, I have moved on....unhappy and sad at the outcome at the time, I look back and think.....he knew exactly what he wanted....I didn't see it....why....because I believed everthing he said! Why should I not....he was my husband....only now....I know his meaning and mine of a husband are completely different! Read into that what you will! Hope this helps someone! :) xxxx PS ....we married in 2008....still married but I filed for divorce in July 2014! I gave alot of time for "change! :-(

Essem

Staff member
Hi Kassie,

Of course he (like so many others) knew what exactly he wanted and he played the long game.

I think a lot of women choose not to see the signs, or face up to the truth because the himbo is the 'trophy' husband ** and they would never meet/have the chance to have a relationship with man of similar age, looks etc in their home towns.

Trophy husband definition
Usually younger than you and way out of your league in the looks department, incredibly hot and half your age, someone who just looks good on your arm (that you don't really want to talk) and usually good looking but married only for the money.

or the Urban Dictionary definition
trophy husband
A man who looks amazing and sits at home all day, mooching off his wifes money.

Glad to hear you're getting over it and hopefully, some new members embarking on these long distance relationships will take heed.

The rat race in Tunisia has an entirely different meaning :rolleyes:

kassie

Hi Kassie,

Of course he (like so many others) knew what exactly he wanted and he played the long game.

I think a lot of women choose not to see the signs, or face up to the truth because the himbo is the 'trophy' husband ** and they would never meet/have the chance to have a relationship with man of similar age, looks etc in their home towns.

Trophy husband definition
Usually younger than you and way out of your league in the looks department, incredibly hot and half your age, someone who just looks good on your arm (that you don't really want to talk) and usually good looking but married only for the money.

or the Urban Dictionary definition
trophy husband
A man who looks amazing and sits at home all day, mooching off his wifes money.

Glad to hear you're getting over it and hopefully, some new members embarking on these long distance relationships will take heed.

The rat race in Tunisia has an entirely different meaning :rolleyes:
Thank you Essem....but you and others know....lol...I thought....he was different! lol I loved him with a passion as you would if you marry someone! Well in my book at least! So...I got stung! ouch lol His family were lovely to me...so humble etc!!! Now...I wonder if they were all in it together? I will never know!
I to hope that "new members" on here take what I have said as genuine! You "know" me now....I am! I am also honest and take everthing at face value! A mistake perhaps!
However, the best thing that has come out of all of this ...is I have more friends than I knew! Here, at home and particularilly at work! They have been great since I told them all! :)

Thank you Essem and co! you know who I mean! xxxxx

kassie

Hmmmm....well just received an ecard yesterday! What a diatribe! Been months...now professing how much I am missed! lol....I can't believe someone could be so shallow....given what has been on the "internet" without "feeling" ;-) Glad to say....it doesn't "touch" me now! ;-) I have real people around me now who haved "showed" me how much they care and what "I am worth" :) It is wonderful! He could have had this too....however....he didn't want this! xxxx

Jane BM

Must be a good feeling that it doesn't touch you anymore..xxx

Essem

Staff member
Hmmmm....well just received an ecard yesterday! What a diatribe! Been months...now professing how much I am missed! lol....I can't believe someone could be so shallow....given what has been on the "internet" without "feeling" ;-) Glad to say....it doesn't "touch" me now! ;-) I have real people around me now who haved "showed" me how much they care and what "I am worth" :) It is wonderful! He could have had this too....however....he didn't want this! xxxx
Could it be that he's possibly not getting what he wants where he is or he's trying to reel you in again to prove to himself how much you still care for him, only to do the same to you further down the line?

He may be dangling the emotional carrot at the moment to see if you'll bite and maybe he wants to teach you a lesson for getting over him (and getting on with your life) because deep down he'll not believe that you are.

Don't entertain him again Kassie, as it would only be worse next time and you'd have lost even more of your precious time and life. XX