What is this?

Essem

Staff member
Does anyone know what this is and what is was used for?2013-11-24 14.07.02.jpg

Jillimom

Maybe used to stretch leather or some such material? Hmmm...strange looking thing.

Essem

Staff member
It's an old fashioned clothes drier that they use to place over the canoon in order to dry clothes.

smiley_jo

Ha ha ha, see me, I thought it looked like one of those torture hats that they had back in the Medieval times or failing that, a bird cage - for a big bird of course :)

How think am I????
OK, so it's Friday and that's my excuse :)

Smiley xxx

Jane BM

Ha ha ha, see me, I thought it looked like one of those torture hats that they had back in the Medieval times or failing that, a bird cage - for a big bird of course :)

How think am I????
OK, so it's Friday and that's my excuse :)

Smiley xxx
The thought of a big bird cage crossed my mind too Smiley....so it's not just you...lol;)

huttan

I wonder if the translation got this right now...wonder if its a whicker basket? That you see people use to put on donkey to carry things? Maybe totally wrong lol

Essem

Staff member
I wonder if the translation got this right now...wonder if its a whicker basket? That you see people use to put on donkey to carry things? Maybe totally wrong lol
No it's actually an old fashioned clothes drier that they use to place over the canoon in order to dry clothes.

Trulymadlydeeply

I thought it looked like something Hannibal Lecter would wear ;)

What's :oops:a canoon

Essem

Staff member
The little clay pot they burn the charcoal in. xx

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Thats interesting i thought it was a basket making support of some kind

Essem

Staff member
On display at Dar Essid in Sousse.

Jillimom

Wouldn't that make your clothes smell like a BBQ though? Yuck....but very inventive. ;)

ROULLA

I remember my mother in law had one (god rest her soul)