What tests for settlement visa needed pls

Hi

Please would somebody shed some light on the tests which my husband must pass and where should he go to sit them,before we can apply for settlement visa? I am so confused.

They don't make thing easy for us do they!

Thank you :)

Jane BM

Hi

Please would somebody shed some light on the tests which my husband must pass and where should he go to sit them,before we can apply for settlement visa? I am so confused.

They don't make thing easy for us do they!

Thank you :)
Is this for initial settlement? Is your husband still in Tunisia? All the info is on the UKBA site, there's an appendage on the right hand side of the page showing all the English tests available. Contact the British council, tests are usually taken there in Tunis. It's level A1 for settlement and then B1 for ILR.

Thank you Jane, we will be applying for settlement visa, so is it the IELTS A1 level? What's KET test? Do you know or anyone else?

:) Thanks

Jane BM

Thank you Jane, we will be applying for settlement visa, so is it the IELTS A1 level? What's KET test? Do you know or anyone else?

:) Thanks
You can do any of the tests that are listed on there. When my husband did his the choice really was either IELTS or KET...he did the IELTS, which was more difficult and as it turned out is only valid for 2 years. Many people have done the KET, find out from the British Council in Tunis which ones they do.

Hi Jane,

It's a Spouse visa we will be applying for, not settlement as he is still in Tunisia. Am I correct in thinking that he needs to pass a ket test at a1 level ? Please could you tell me if there are other tests he must undertake ? Sorry I'm a pain lol...the ukba website gets more confusing each time I try to find out the info I need!

Jane BM

Hi Jane,

It's a Spouse visa we will be applying for, not settlement as he is still in Tunisia. Am I correct in thinking that he needs to pass a ket test at a1 level ? Please could you tell me if there are other tests he must undertake ? Sorry I'm a pain lol...the ukba website gets more confusing each time I try to find out the info I need!
Yes a spouse visa is a settlement visa....we use such different terminology....lol...like we should really call ILR settlement because that's what it is.

Anyway it is level A1 he needs....my advise above is still correct. The appendage on the right hand side of the visas page lists all the tests he can take. Did you ring or did your husband contact the. British council in Tunis? That's where he'll be doing his test. Their site gives more info.