What's next...

Jane BM

this is a big point, sometimes people do just grow apart, sometimes marriages to tunisians have just gown apart, and sometimes the change from tunisia to the UK for example plays a large part in that, and sometimes the guys genuinely start to think that after being in the UK for 2 years at least, have jobs, have made a life, that going back to tunisia is just not an option?

some plan it from day one, before they even meet the brit!
And im sure we all know plenty that fit into each and every catagory eh!!! lol
NO SMILIES STILL FOR ME!!!!!!!!
and some you just bloody well get rid of no matter how you try lol:D

(look JBM smillies working!! had to swap to chrome to get them though!)

Jane BM

I keep doing this...one day ill learn how to use a laptop!!!

And im sure we all know plenty that fit into each and every catagory!!
(no smilies still for me!!! but then judging by how i use my laptop...its probably my own fault!!) lol

lloydy7179

i think the 5yr is excellent idea, even thought my M is due to apply for ILR in May...
Hi maynardlynne,

So your applying for ILR in May.....how have you found collecting all your evidence in preparation?

When Mohamed got here, i read the ILR application and wrote down everything that we needed to start collecting as evidence. So far in our 'filer' we've got Mohamed's Life In the UK test pass, post in joint names and in our own names individually to the same address, his palylsips, work contract etc is there anything else im missing? We're not due to apply till January (if the rules don't change) but I want to make sure im collecting everything that i need to! :)

maynardlynne

Hi maynardlynne,

So your applying for ILR in May.....how have you found collecting all your evidence in preparation?

When Mohamed got here, i read the ILR application and wrote down everything that we needed to start collecting as evidence. So far in our 'filer' we've got Mohamed's Life In the UK test pass, post in joint names and in our own names individually to the same address, his palylsips, work contract etc is there anything else im missing? We're not due to apply till January (if the rules don't change) but I want to make sure im collecting everything that i need to! :)
hi
i havent put everything together yet..lol.
we have post in joint names and seperate.
.pay slips for both of us, but im not sure how many you should hand in
banks statesments for us, but again not sure how many we need.
his work contract.
statements of rent ( as i live in council property)
life in the uk

to be honest i, not sure what else we need.....i must do my home work:)

i hope someone will on hear will tell us what we need...x

khl

where is the ilr application form? UKBA website?

khl

So for ilr we need to show statments of income, work, existing relationship, (in my case) proof of child we have together? evidence of accomodation, rent payments, tenancy agreement? english test/cert?

Do we include trips, holidays, photos etc?

maynardlynne

So for ilr we need to show statments of income, work, existing relationship, (in my case) proof of child we have together? evidence of accomodation, rent payments, tenancy agreement? english test/cert?

Do we include trips, holidays, photos etc?
its not the same as settlement so you dont include hols or pics.
just need to prove that you hav been living together for 2yrs.
proof of address.... either in both names or joint over the 2yrs. eg hospital appts. letters from bank etc.
must have Life in the UK certificate.
wage slips for both of you.
bank statements.
if you have a child together, then birth certificate.
2 passport pics of hubby and 1 of yourself

khl

its not the same as settlement so you dont include hols or pics.
just need to prove that you hav been living together for 2yrs.
proof of address.... either in both names or joint over the 2yrs. eg hospital appts. letters from bank etc.
must have Life in the UK certificate.
wage slips for both of you.
bank statements.
if you have a child together, then birth certificate.
2 passport pics of hubby and 1 of yourself
ok cool!

nikky2409

From the UK BORDER AGENCY WEBSITE!!

"If you applied to come to the UK as a partner on or before 8 July 2012, the conditions of your stay have not changed. If you apply to extend your stay or settle in the UK, we will consider your application under the rules that applied until 8 July 2012."

nikky2409

These are the rules you need to follow if you gained a spouse settlement visa before 8/7/12......... "There are 2 ways to demonstrate your knowledge of language and life (KOL) in the UK.

If you are an
English speaker (see below) and/or you are currently in the UK as a skilled or highly skilled migrant, you must pass the 'Life in the UK test'.
If you are not an English speaker and you are not a skilled or highly skilled migrant, you must pass a course in English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) which contains citizenship materials.

You qualify as an English speaker if your English skills are at or above ESOL Entry Level 3 or Scottish Intermediate 1. If you do not know the level of your English skills, you should work through the tutorial on the Life in the UK test website. If you cannot fully understand the information in that tutorial, you may need to take an ESOL course containing citizenship materials.

I think A1 level KET/TOEIC are the equivalent to the ESOL Entry level 1, B1 to ESOL Entry level 2 and so on....
If they do ESOL Level 3 it includes material for citizenship so they do not have to take Life in the UK test but the other way round taking Life in the UK test you need to be able to show your English skills are at or above ESOL Entry Level 3 too. So I think doing the ESOL course would be the easiest option! B starts college next tues & Thurs, 4 hrs a week for 11 weeks which as long as he passes Entry level 3 this will cover it.

nikky2409

The English certificate - is that the Life in the UK test? Mohamed came over to UK before having to do the English Test. Surely when he gets the Life In The UK test this should be enough?
Even if he has Life in UK test passed he still needs to show that his English is at ESOL Entry level 3 or above.

"
  • If you are an English speaker (see below) and/or you are currently in the UK as a skilled or highly skilled migrant, you must pass the 'Life in the UK test'.
  • If you are not an English speaker and you are not a skilled or highly skilled migrant, you must pass a course in English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) which contains citizenship materials.
You qualify as an English speaker if your English skills are at or above ESOL Entry Level 3 or Scottish Intermediate 1. If you do not know the level of your English skills, you should work through the tutorial on the Life in the UK test website. If you cannot fully understand the information in that tutorial, you may need to take an ESOL course containing citizenship materials.
Hope this helps xx