Woman alone in Sousse looking for contacts...

Suzan

Hi,

I am a woman 47 and living in Sousse.
I was supposed to live with my little rat in an appartment but the little scumbag emptied my bankaccount and left me then in the middle of the night.

Now, 1 month later i am still here and have kind of build a life here but i am looking for some english speaking contacts?
Just to go for a coffee or something, sometimes its very lonely since i dont speak french or arabic....

Dont know if here is the right place to post, i am new here (and blond....:^) )

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Susan and welcome to the forum. Horrible situation to find yourself in. Are you renting an apartment? I'm sure there will be people on here you can meet up with.

Suzan

Hi, thank you.

Yes i live in an new appartment now with an adorable modern family who " adopted" me.
The app. is a little from outside the center of Sousse, very traditional here, i have to get fully dressed when i go to get bread 20 meters from where i live :^).

Affter the shock was over and with help from some tunisians i got back on my feet.
When it all happened i could not go back to Holland because all my money was stolen but i am fine now and really like my life here so i am gonna stay for a few weeks or months longer.

I learned how to behave like a "decent" woman,lol, but i just really miss some "western" contacts, who understand the western way of thinking/behaving.
I would kill for someone to drink a glass of wine with!

Jane BM

Hi suzan, wow you sound incredibly upbeat considering what you've been through....do you still see this 'rat'? Did you ever pursue getting your money back?

Do you have family back in Holland? God don't know what I'd do if I was in your situation but I'd be very tempted to turn tail and run home I'm afraid. Xx

scotty_bambam

Hi,

I am a woman 47 and living in Sousse.
I was supposed to live with my little rat in an appartment but the little scumbag emptied my bankaccount and left me then in the middle of the night.

Now, 1 month later i am still here and have kind of build a life here but i am looking for some english speaking contacts?
Just to go for a coffee or something, sometimes its very lonely since i dont speak french or arabic....

Dont know if here is the right place to post, i am new here (and blond....:^) )
Hi Susan,
So sorry to hear about your experience.you're very brave to stay there.can your embassy help you? Have you involved the police? I am supposed to be visiting a vet in the centre of sousse on 21 October,but things keep getting cancelled so all up in the air at the moment.but if I cone and you're still there I could. Meet you for a tea.I don't drink coffee.lol.stay safe.

Suzan

I am not seeing or speaking to him anymore, i reported him to the police and put his picture and what he did all over the internet but i accept my money is gone.

What made me an easy target was the fact that i had almost no contact with my family and my life sucked back home at that time and when he suggested an app together i had my bags packed before you could say "think!".

I realised it was not love from his side but we had a lot of fun together the 3 times i was on holiday in Tunisia and i never ever would have thought he would leave me alone in Tunisia after stealing my money,he had such great talks about protecting me and blabla.
Call it the surprise of my life when i woke up and he was gone, the second night i was in Tunisia!
Now on the other hand i really like the family i stay with, i am taking french and arabic lessons, the sun is shining and everything is soooo cheap here, i feel like a milionair.
Going to the beach or hotel pool, i really like it here now!

Last edited:

Suzan

Hi Susan,
So sorry to hear about your experience.you're very brave to stay there.can your embassy help you? Have you involved the police? I am supposed to be visiting a vet in the centre of sousse on 21 October,but things keep getting cancelled so all up in the air at the moment.but if I cone and you're still there I could. Meet you for a tea.I don't drink coffee.lol.stay safe.
That would be great!
I am not sure how long i will stay here but we'll see!

abdou djemel

wow i am so sorry for the emotional hurt as we know the money is to be worked for again but the pain he has left u with i can only imagine half of it, i had a similar incident happen to me only it was the other way around but am all grateful i was at my home and my naivety made me send her the money what i wanna tell u is tht it can happend to any of us so stay strong and as of understanding i do get you, but meeting i dont come to tunisia untill new year if you're still there we would get to meet up

Suzan

wow i am so sorry for the emotional hurt as we know the money is to be worked for again but the pain he has left u with i can only imagine half of it, i had a similar incident happen to me only it was the other way around but am all grateful i was at my home and my naivety made me send her the money what i wanna tell u is tht it can happend to any of us so stay strong and as of understanding i do get you, but meeting i dont come to tunisia untill new year if you're still there we would get to meet up
Hi,

You send money to a tunisian girl?
Horrible isnt it to get your trust crushed this way.
The moment i found out he stole all my money my feelings for him disappeared in a few seconds but it just hit me now that i will probably never have a nice sleep again when i find somebody new, i will never forget that horrible feeling when i woke up and saw all his stuff was gone.

In fact that feeling shocked me the most, followed very soon by desperation that i was left alone in a strange , not very safe, country without money, knowing almost nobody and not speaking french or arabic and in an app that i thought was paid for a month but turned out it was only for 1 week.
He even managed it to steel the prepaid phonecard i bought.
Positive thing was he did not steel my phone.

But i survived and i am having a good time now, my life was ready for a change but this was not what i had in mind :^)

Lost love and lost money can be found again but i dont know about lost trust.

Do you have a post about what happened to you?

Jane BM

Hi,

You send money to a tunisian girl?
Horrible isnt it to get your trust crushed this way.
The moment i found out he stole all my money my feelings for him disappeared in a few seconds but it just hit me now that i will probably never have a nice sleep again when i find somebody new, i will never forget that horrible feeling when i woke up and saw all his stuff was gone.

In fact that feeling shocked me the most, followed very soon by desperation that i was left alone in a strange , not very safe, country without money, knowing almost nobody and not speaking french or arabic and in an app that i thought was paid for a month but turned out it was only for 1 week.
He even managed it to steel the prepaid phonecard i bought.
Positive thing was he did not steel my phone.

But i survived and i am having a good time now, my life was ready for a change but this was not what i had in mind :^)

Lost love and lost money can be found again but i dont know about lost trust.

Do you have a post about what happened to you?
How did he manage to steal your money? Did you withdraw it all before you went and keep cash in the apartment? On only your second night? Do you have enough money to finance living there? You do know test after being there for 3 months you need to apply for a CDS and as a single woman will need to show how you can support yourself there.

Big lesson learnt i guess, and bearing in mind where you are, I'd be very very wary of jumping into another relationship for a while...find your feet, feel your way, see how you go. X

Essem

Staff member
I am not seeing or speaking to him anymore, i reported him to the police and put his picture and what he did all over the internet but i accept my money is gone.

What made me an easy target was the fact that i had almost no contact with my family and my life sucked back home at that time and when he suggested an app together i had my bags packed before you could say "think!".

I realised it was not love from his side but we had a lot of fun together the 3 times i was on holiday in Tunisia and i never ever would have thought he would leave me alone in Tunisia after stealing my money,he had such great talks about protecting me and blabla.
Call it the surprise of my life when i woke up and he was gone, the second night i was in Tunisia!
Now on the other hand i really like the family i stay with, i am taking french and arabic lessons, the sun is shining and everything is soooo cheap here, i feel like a milionair.
Going to the beach or hotel pool, i really like it here now!
Did you do a declaration against him at the police station?

Usually when a declaration against someone is done they contact him and get him into the police station immediately to question him especially in cases of theft.

love1970

Everytime i hear stories like that i feel shame really because things musnt finish like that tobe stollen and left alone in a strange countries is a hard situation i really wanna express my sorrow about what happened bc it gives a bad picture about tunisians anyway our picture is **** in front of the world and its going worst cheaters , thiefs, lately terrorists no comment ..... ok i wish that you be safe be carreful and im sure that there is good people there ,ofcourse we can meet when i go there just i let you know good luck

YOLO

Hi , I hope you're doing well and safe :).
Your story sounds familiar to me , Is that your from " TunisianLoveRats.com" who shared your story thre? your rat named leo and his brother mansouri?.

YOLO

Wish my country ' TUNISIA " with with a visa to come here like other countries......

Suzan

How did he manage to steal your money? Did you withdraw it all before you went and keep cash in the apartment? On only your second night? Do you have enough money to finance living there? You do know test after being there for 3 months you need to apply for a CDS and as a single woman will need to show how you can support yourself there.

Big lesson learnt i guess, and bearing in mind where you are, I'd be very very wary of jumping into another relationship for a while...find your feet, feel your way, see how you go. X
When i went to a cash machine he was with me but i did not pay much attention to him, he must have seen me entering the code because the first night when i was asleep he took my bankcard and went shopping in my bsnkaccount....

For now i can live here for 4 or 5 months if i take it easy with my money but i really dont know yet how long i am gonna stay.
Winter is coming, dont know how the terrorisme is going, i feel safe now but when that change i will go home right away.
I know i have to leave Tunisia for 24 hours after 3 months and then i can stay another 3 months, that will be 22 october.

In no way i will get involved with a new guy here, right now i have a little bit trust issues.....

What is CDS?

Last edited:

YOLO

When i went to a cash machine he was with me but i did not pay much attention to him, he must have seen me entering the code.

For now i can live here for 4 or 5 months if i take it easy with my money but i really dont know yet how long i am gonna stay.
Winter is coming, dont know how the terrorisme is going, i feel safe now but when that change i will go home right away.
I know i have to leave Tunisia for 24 hours after 3 months and then i can stay another 3 months, that will be 22 october.

In no way i will get involved with a new guy here, right now i have a little bit trust issues.....

What is CDS?
You're only allowed to stay three months , better don't overstay...

Suzan

Your story sounds familiar to me , Is that your from " TunisianLoveRats.com" who shared your story thre? your rat named leo and his brother mansouri?.
Yes, thats right.
It is a much more complex story as what i am telling here but i am over the shock and pain and i heard this forum is more about Tunisia in general so i wanted to see if i can meet people here who also live in Sousse, for me that is more important now.

Suzan

You're only allowed to stay three months , better don't overstay...
The embassy told me i can stay for 3 months, leave the country for 24 hours and can stay 3 months again....

YOLO

Yes, thats right.
It is a much more complex story as what i am telling here but i am over the shock and pain and i heard this forum is more about Tunisia in general so i wanted to see if i can meet people here who also live in Sousse, for me that is more important now.
Better don't trust anyone , don't be navie..
Goosh i thought you were much younger , damn why did you stick with someone's as your son??? why?????? :(

YOLO

The embassy told me i can stay for 3 months, leave the country for 24 hours and can stay 3 months again....
yeah you can.