Zarzis

Black Mamba

I go there every summer, I love it.Unlike Djerba,it isn't famous(which is for the best) not many tourists, the beaches are clean and amazing, the people are kind and well used to tourists, the hotels are great and cheap and the weather is amazing.

If anyone of you needs an advice or more information, I can gladly provide you with that:D

Our family home's somewhere over there, just 5 minutes walking from the beach.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Black Mamba

I spent a weekend in Zarzis in February at the Vincci Eden Star (previous posts) and loved every minute of my time there. Had only passed through before.

I'd highly recommend Zarzis and think in the future it'll be a resort to watch out for - especially in the winter months when it's warmer that the north.

Mezoo

VIP Member
I spent a weekend in Zarzis in February at the Vincci Eden Star (previous posts) and loved every minute of my time there. Had only passed through before.
I'd highly recommend Zarzis and think in the future it'll be a resort to watch out for - especially in the winter months when it's warmer that the north.
Agree, use to go there in the eighties and it was like a hidden gem quiet---great people and not as touristy....:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Black Mamba

I can't wait to go back.

[email protected]

very nice picture.so i must really visit bizerte and zarzis if ever come back.

Black Mamba

Bizerte is amazing too.

bobby g

I am planning a trip in the autumn to the south of Tunisia. I am hoping to take my daughter camel trekking/camping in the dessert for a few days.
I was looking around Djerba to stay for the rest of the time, but not sure if that would be too far to get to the dessert. Zaris sounds lovely, would that be a good place to stay over? Still checking out flights at the moment...expensive. What are the trains like to travel from Monastir to the South?:)

Black Mamba

I am planning a trip in the autumn to the south of Tunisia. I am hoping to take my daughter camel trekking/camping in the dessert for a few days.
I was looking around Djerba to stay for the rest of the time, but not sure if that would be too far to get to the dessert. Zaris sounds lovely, would that be a good place to stay over? Still checking out flights at the moment...expensive. What are the trains like to travel from Monastir to the South?:)
From Monastir?
I have no idea,Zarzis seems closer to the desert than Djerba and cheaper.

Tunisianbelle

To get to the south, you would actually need to take a train from Sousse I believe. My BIL works in Gabes and takes the train from Sousse every week. When he comes back, he also takes the train into Sousse.

There are two train stations in Sousse - Le Gare which is the main Train station

And Bab Djedid which will take you to and from Monastir.

Black Mamba

Ohhh I can see the logo of my internet provider lol

Black Mamba

Ohh I can see the logo of my internet provider lol

Tunisianbelle

Here is the site for the SNCFT (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Tunisiens). The English site doesn't work yet, but you can navigate the site in French pretty easily. There are no trains into Zarzis (that I could see), so you'll have to pick a nearby destination.

Sana

i haven't visited Zarzis yet , but i'd like to go there :)
it's a worth visiting place ;)

Tunisianbelle

:eek: Thought you and I were gonna go visit TB?
Hey, yeah!! You should definitely come visit me! :D I would love to see you guys and I can take you around and show off Monastir to you - not that there is a whole lot to the city! ;) It is a beautiful calm and quiet city and we have some really nice cafes, patisseries and restaurants here. And the beaches are beautiful too!:D

Black Mamba

Here is the site for the SNCFT (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Tunisiens). The English site doesn't work yet, but you can navigate the site in French pretty easily. There are no trains into Zarzis (that I could see), so you'll have to pick a nearby destination.
For Zarzis you will need to take the train from Tunis or from Sousse, stop at Gabes and from there take the coach.

Look for the train express(the English page is under construction) for Zarzis, they did a mistake you'll find Jarzis instead.

bobby g

To get to the south, you would actually need to take a train from Sousse I believe. My BIL works in Gabes and takes the train from Sousse every week. When he comes back, he also takes the train into Sousse.

There are two train stations in Sousse - Le Gare which is the main Train station

And Bab Djedid which will take you to and from Monastir.
Thanks Tunsianbelle, What about flights from tunis or Monistar to Tozeur or Djerba? Do you think that would be a better option? xx

Black Mamba

Ohhh I forgot Monastir.

I feel ashamed now, I'm Tunisian but I don't know some places.

Sana

Hey, yeah!! You should definitely come visit me! I would love to see you guys and I can take you around and show off Monastir to you - not that there is a whole lot to the city! ;) It is a beautiful calm and quiet city and we have some really nice cafes, patisseries and restaurants here. And the beaches are beautiful too!:D
Oh great tunisianbelle :) when i come next time to Monastir , i will visit u ;)